DataPlex’s AmpUp “Rapid Enterprise Deployment” software platform is being used to implement “million dollar systems” at a fraction of the cost. Each system is designed to enhance an organization’s already proven workflow, further leverage its business intelligence, and make it more productive and profitable. DataPlex AmpUp systems are 100% web-based and come already mobile and tablet enabled for access from anywhere. Example of already deployed systems are:
- An Electronic Field Reporting System used by police officers to file incident report more quickly and conveniently
- A Parking Management System that processes parking lot data to provide real-time dashboards with management-oriented charts and reports
- PlexChex, a web service that constantly monitors and sends alerts based on website and business system performance
- A Patient Management System with advanced EMR support to reduce the staff workload of medical groups
- A new Fundraising Organization Network Database System (FRONDS) helps non-profits be more efficient at donor development and membership management
The most recent AmpUp-based enterprise system developed by DataPlex is its Fundraising Organization Networked Data System, known as FRONDS, which is now live at Descanso Gardens and enabling their staff to more effectively interact with its membership of 18,000 people. The “back office” of development where all donations are managed went live on June 1st and the “front office” of the Visitor Center with membership and ticket sales went live on July 1st.
Not only did DataPlex engineers design a custom version of FRONDS for Descanso Gardens called the Descanso Gardens Enterprise System (DGES) but they are hosting it on the Amazon’s high-performance EC2 cloud. DataPlex has become truly a one-stop shop that can work with an organization all the way from concept and design through development and hosting, and offers a suite of already developed modules for integrating enterprise, mobile and the cloud.
FRONDS is based on DataPlex’s AmpUp rapid development enterprise software platform that reduces the amount of time and cost to get a state-of-the-art web-based platform up and running. Many of the standard AmpUp features are available such as flexible searching, Excel/OpenOffice exporting, mail merging and consolidated “one button” month end reporting.
Some of the more interesting capabilities of FRONDS are:
- Real-time dashboard display of daily activity
- Print and scan ID cards
- Point-of-sale (POS) operations: ticket, course and membership sales
- Automatic letter generation with mail-merge capabilities
- Track donor gifts by solicitations and campaigns
- Donor communications Journal
- Calendar of events
- Budgets and Actuals: trend analysis and forecasting
- Accounting Reports organized by General Ledger codes
- Single-button Month-End Reporting
- Multitude of workflow reports, document generation and Excel export
The system dashboard shows the staff the current weather conditions and real-time visitation and sales figures, and compares them to the same day of the week of the previous year.
Descanso Gardens executives report how FRONDS is already proving its value:
Even though they had been using a different commercially available web-based donor management package, they will still realize a 25% savings in overall work effort by using FRONDS which aligns more closely with their fundraising and membership management requirements.
For more information about FRONDS, AmpUp, one of the other AmpUp systems, or to discuss without obligation what DataPlex technical services can do for you, please feel free to contact us anytime.