Can Business Software be Better?
We have all heard the horror stories regarding business software systems: The tremendously expensive system. The system that didn’t work. The system that couldn’t grow with the business. The provider who wanted $50,000 a module and five modules would be needed. Critical software changes that take weeks or months.
With fast-changing markets, demographics and new regulations, businesses need to be nimble and fast in their reactions. The last thing a business needs is to hampered by expensive and time-consuming system implementations. Hearing about the bad experiences of others’ raises the question, what are the characteristics of good business software?
Thinking from a business owner’s perspective, better business software should:
- Work reliably and securely
- Be adjusted to take into account the uniqueness of the business’ operation
- Come at a cost that doesn’t break the bank
- Come with easy access to the software’s actual developers for the best possible technical support
- Be quickly extendible when new features are desired
- Not be locked in to a specific platform that doesn’t have a bright future or comes with high monthly expenses
- Maximize connectivity from anywhere using mobile devices
A tall order, right? Not so with us. With DataPlex and AmpUp – our rapid software development tool for business enterprise applications – you get business software that offers modern capabilities that can easily be altered to meet changing needs, possibly giving your business a competitive advantage.
By leveraging AmpUp, you get:
- A reliable and secure system that take into account the uniqueness of your business’ operation. We start by doing a free assessment of your current operation and then work with you to develop effective new displays and processes.
- A system at a fraction of the cost of other commercial systems, including those that claim to be “off the shelf.”
- Easy access and great support. We are the developers, and you have our direct phone numbers. (Email too.)
- The ability to add new features quickly and at any time. We’re happy to be your technical advisors on anything daunting.
- A web-based system that can be easily ported to your favorite cost-effective hosting service including those “in the cloud.”
- Connectivity from Internet-enabled mobile devices whether they be Android-based, Apple, Blackberry, Microsoft or something else.
We introduced AmpUp six months ago because, frankly, we were shocked at what some of our clients were telling us about what they had to put up for systems and support. We didn’t think that a small business needed to spend six figures for a new system, wait six months for their so-called customizations, and then wait weeks for bug fixes which sometimes added even more bugs.
AmpUp, it turns out, is a software development game-changer. It is a stable “software as a service” or SaaS platform that is shared among many different applications. In four months, we have been able to implement four very sophisticated enterprise systems. That’s one per month. Yes, you read that correctly – you could have one of our completely customized enterprise-wide systems working for you in a surprisingly short amount of time.
Interested? Feel free to drop us a call or note. We look forward to chatting with you soon.